- Place as a nexus for corporate heritage identity: An international study of family-owned wineries , JOURNAL OF BUSINESS RESEARCH (2021)
- Should we patent it or keep it a secret? The moderating role of proactive orientation in family versus non-family SMEs , International Small Business Journal: Researching Entrepreneurship (2020)
- Interdisciplinary, cross-sector collaboration in the US intelligence community: lessons learned from past and present efforts , INTELLIGENCE AND NATIONAL SECURITY (2019)
- SME Managers’ Perceptions of Competitive Pressure and the Adoption of Environmental Practices in Fragmented Industries: A Multi-Country Study in the Wine Industry , Organization & Environment (2018)
- The Importance of Organizational Innovation and Adaptation in Building Academic–Industry–Intelligence Collaboration: Observations from the Laboratory for Analytic Sciences , The International Journal of Intelligence, Security, and Public Affairs (2017)
- New product introductions below aspirations, slack and R&D alliances: A behavioral perspective , STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT JOURNAL (2016)
- Strategic Intent , The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management (2016)
- HOST COUNTRY EXECUTIVES' ASSESSMENTS OF INTERNATIONAL JOINT VENTURES AND DIVESTITURES: AN EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH , STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT JOURNAL (2015)
- Strategic Suppliers' Technical Contributions to New Product Advantage: Substitution and Configuration Options , JOURNAL OF PRODUCT INNOVATION MANAGEMENT (2015)
- The Effects of Knowledge Depth and Scope on the Relationship between R&D Alliances and New Product Development , Journal of Product Innovation Management (2015)
DO7 Learning at LAS
The specific intent of this research is to understand how researchers involved in interdisciplinary R&D projects achieve greater scientific impact and more rapid migration to clinical translation depending on: 1) their knowledge meshing abilities developed from prior experiences; and 2) the nature of the disciplines represented on the interdisciplinary projects they are participating in. Through an analysis of the 124 researchers in the eight Nanomedicine Development Centers (NDCs) funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States, this research will assess the effects of experiences scientists have doing interdisciplinary science on the change in the number, impact, and type of their publications. It will construct an approach to assess the implications of interdisciplinarity that can be applied across science and engineering sectors reliant on interdisciplinary interactions to expand their technological frontiers.
DO6 Behavior Modeling
LAS DO5 Task 5.6 Collaboration
Project entails observing interdisciplinary teams in action and assisting them in developing a productive project team culture (e.g., team identity, shared commitment, skills in conflict management) and effective project team knowledge fusion processes (e.g., communication and listening skills, skills in elaborating task relevant information, effective channels of information exchange outside the official meeting, and codification of the teamÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s learning collectively and individually).