My fascination with human behavior and how to alter it has led me to a career of using behavior change theories and methods to improve behavioral outcomes related to the environment, children, national security, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. My consulting, teaching, research, and publications are incredibly interdisciplinary, integrating behavior change approaches from the fields of marketing, psychology, design, organizational change, and computer science.
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF INTERESTS:
I am open to collaborations with other researchers in any discipline. I can provide insight to the human dimensions of projects ranging from data collection, engagement, participatory prototyping, education, and communication with stakeholders. I also have experience facilitating collaborative efforts in inter-disciplinary, cross-sector partnerships.
- Toward the Adoption of New Farming Systems among Farmers: A Case study of Short Rotation Woody Crops in North Carolina , JOURNAL OF EXTENSION (2023)
- Discussion on “Effective interdisciplinary collaboration between statisticians and other subject matter experts” , Quality Engineering (2019)
- Eco-apps and environmental public participation , Breaking Boundaries: Innovative Practices in Environmental Communication and Public Participation (2019)
- Participatory mapping method: improving collaboration through attention to collective identity , JOURNAL OF APPLIED COMMUNICATION RESEARCH (2019)
- Changing our environmental future: Student praxis through community inquiry , Environmental Communication Pedagogy and Practice (2017)
- Mobile communication , Dialogues on mobile communication (2017)
- Urban park design plus love for nature: Interventions for visitor experiences and social networking , ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION RESEARCH (2017)
- Collaborating with your clients using social media & mobile communications , Journal of Extension (2015)
- Designing eco-apps to engage adult learners , Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication Technologies and Learning (IMCL) (2015)
- Eco-Apps: Design to Influence Environmentally Friendly Behavior , International Journal of E-Services and Mobile Applications (2015)