Genzer is the S. Frank and Susan Culberson Distinguished Professor and Associate Department Head in the Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering department at NC State University. His group is actively involved in research related to the behavior of polymers at interfaces and in confined geometries, with particular emphasis on assembly, thin films, responsive and shape-memory materials, and materials combinatorial methods.
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF INTERESTS:
We study the behavior of polymers at surfaces, interfaces, and in confined geometries. We design surfaces that resist non-specific biofouling. We also create surfaces that can capture synthetic pollutants, i.e., plastics.
- Controlling PA6/PET adhesion to facilitate interfacial fracture , EUROPEAN POLYMER JOURNAL (2022)
- Degradable Anti-Biofouling Polyester Coatings with Controllable Lifetimes , LANGMUIR (2022)
- Direct measurement of rate-dependent mode I and mode II traction-separation laws for cohesive zone modeling of laminated glass , COMPOSITE STRUCTURES (2022)
- Potent Antibacterial Composite Nonwovens Functionalized with Bioactive Peptides and Polymers , ADVANCED MATERIALS INTERFACES (2022)
- Self-healing and repair of fabrics: A comprehensive review of the application toolkit , MATERIALS TODAY (2022)
- Antipathogenic properties and applications of low-dimensional materials , NATURE COMMUNICATIONS (2021)
- Continuous Ligand-Free Suzuki-Miyaura Cross-Coupling Reactions in a Cartridge Flow Reactor Using a Gel-Supported Catalyst , INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY RESEARCH (2021)
- Counterpropagating Gradients of Antibacterial and Antifouling Polymer Brushes , BIOMACROMOLECULES (2021)
- DFT Analysis of Organotin Catalytic Mechanisms in Dehydration Esterification Reactions for Terephthalic Acid and 2,2,4,4-Tetramethyl-1,3-cyclobutanediol , JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A (2021)
- Deposition of silicate coatings on poly(ethylene terephthalate) for improved scratch and solvent resistance , JOURNAL OF APPLIED POLYMER SCIENCE (2021)